Friday, May 8, 2009

Jesus changed my life - D

I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was five ½ years old.
We were members of a small church in Tennessee when I attended Vacation Bible School that summer. Also, I had been attending a Christian school for the past year. I knew what it meant to be “saved” and knew I wanted to go to heaven one day. I knew that sin was all the bad things I did, and unless I asked Jesus to forgive me, I would not go to heaven.
Mom used to tell me that Jesus took my place by dying on the cross, that He loved me so much that he would suffer punishment for me so I would not have to. At the end of VBS the Pastor gave the invitation. I knew I wanted to be saved, to have Jesus as my Savior and I was so excited to accept Him as my Savior, I prayed for salvation. I jumped over Mom to get up to the Pastor to tell him.

No comments: